How Hippo’s digital expertise is breathing life into the Borough Councils of Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland.
Middlesbrough Council and the neighbouring Redcar and Cleveland Borough Councils are unitary authority areas in the Tees Valley and North Yorkshire areas, servicing a population in the region of 180,000.
- To design and build a bespoke digital system to help behavioural change in expectant mothers.
- To gather accurate data on existing behaviours among mothers.
- To focus on the key areas of smoking, alcohol and substance abuse, mental health issues and nutrition.
- To target areas of greatest need and highlight gaps in support.
- To provide midwives with the intelligence and tools to guide vulnerable patients through their pregnancies.
- To develop a web-based interface for expectant mothers to provide key behavioural information, comfortably and in confidence.
- To create personal profiles for expectant mothers to share and update data throughout her pregnancy.
- To provide midwives with instant access to their patients data.
- To design a tool for midwives to communicate directly with expectant mothers.
- To build a multi-media messaging system, offering personalised email and SMS options to groups and individuals.
- Direct, instant access to and interaction with the target group.
- A flexible, versatile messaging system that allows complete in-house control over the project.
- Open lines of communication and bond-building with potentially vulnerable patients.
- Hands-on involvement of midwives allowing ongoing practical help and support.
- Specific, personal intelligence from individual users providing key data for future protocols.
A rewarding example of how Hippo’s digital expertise can be harnessed to deliver results in diverse areas. Putting access to life-changing information at the fingertips of Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Councils and their grateful customers.